Einführen von Means für FMC
Ich habe die Diskussion mal auf speedsolving.com gestartet und bin interessiert, was die deutsche Community dazu sagt. Hier mein Originaltext:

Zitat:~sorry for my englisch - I have many ideas about this and I hope you can understand what I wanted to say. If not, feel free to ask~

Because of personal reasons and current occasion I want to start this discussion about Means for FMC. So let‘s get started:

I know this is a result of personal frustration in official FMC but nevertheless I am interested in what you think about this because I am surely not the only one thinking about this.

I often compare FMC with 2x2x2 Singles in a higher level - you all know the discussion about easy scrambles and luck. I think I don‘t have to tell you more about this.

So what‘s about the idea changing the official rating system of FMC in competitions? What about a mean of 2 attemps for official Fewest Moves?
You do not just need luck (e.g. LL-Skips) but also skill to win. So one lucky single would not be the garant to be definite on the podium. Yeah I know it‘s true - getting lucky is not a crime, but what can we do to get an better balanced FMC-system without luck as a main factor? Today FMC is the only event beside BLD which has not the Best-of-system. So why not change this to a mean of 2 or 3?
With this change you can prevent winning a competition with pure luck. You really need beside luck also skill to find two or three good results in a row. So the better persons in FMC have to pay attention not to DNF an attempt because of already a good solution.

This - in my opinion - would lead to „fairer“ results in FMC.

I know there are some arguments against this:
you need much more time for two attempts, but just a little note: there are already many competitions who not just have one attempt of FMC but two or three
there would be less means because many people DNF one of their attemps - what about this: they have to pay attention not to DNF, if they do it‘s their own fault . I bet, if we will have the mean system, there would be much less DNFs than there are now
less people doing FMC: if you really want to do FMC, another system is not a reason to stop doing it. It is much more a motivation to be more effective and to find a solution in every attempt

BUT: I see there also a lot of pros for official FMC-means:
you really need skill to have more good solutions than just a lucky one
you have to do both (or three attemps) to win; you not just have one good solution and DNF or DNS the second one.
no more lucky solutions which will stay in the world ranking forever without a high chance to be better
the means would be much more clearly about skills:
you have to do another good attempt after you had a really good solution in the first one

my personal suggestion:
I would prefer to have the Single AND the Mean-system for WCA-Competitions:
both count for the WCA-statistics and results but it would be like in any other event: a Single is more meaningless than the mean. Why not change the score to mean of 2/mean of 3. So you can do two or three attemps in competitions and they both count in the same record statistic.
Or the second way to handle with this: you get two scrambles in the limit of one hour. The mean of these two is the final result. But I think this is not a good way of doing FMC. Everyone who does FMC and want to get a nice result need the full hour. So there would be less good solution.

Another example for means: in the german forum we are testing the mean-system for FMC in the weekly competition since last week (3 scrambles) - successfully. The competitors really try to find a solution for every scramble to have a mean. I am not sure if this will last for long or it is just a motivation at the beginning but I like it.

So what do you think about it? I am really interested in different opinions about this topic.
[Bild: img.php?id=2011fres01&ranking=NR&event_1...nt_3=333bf]

I am male so free: Der Thread.

Aaaaber es gibt ja schon diesen hier.

edit: Keine Zeit mir das alles durchzulesen, muss spülen. Also weiss ich auch nicht, ob das schon vorgeschlagen wurde: Man kann während der Competition jederzeit FMC machen in einem bestimmten abgesonderten Bereich und kann somit auch über den Tag verteilt mehrere Lösungen vortragen, ohne dass dem normalen Eventablauf Zeit flöten geht. Natürlich müsste dann immer irgendein armes Schwein aufpassen und den grade teilnehmenden Leuten entsprechend eine Anzahl an Stoppuhren (mit Namen druff?) mit sich rumtragen und andauernd auf die Zeiten achten, um jedem mitteilen zu können, wer noch wieviel Zeit hat.

Und nein, ich möchte nicht das arme Schwein sein.
Senf heute günstiger.
(22.04.2013, 16:26)maracujagestein schrieb: I am male so free: Der Thread.

hä? der ist von mir?

(22.04.2013, 16:26)maracujagestein schrieb: Aaaaber es gibt ja schon diesen hier.

Oh gut das wusst ich tatsächlich nicht, dass es die Diskussion schon gab. Allerdings ist das jetzt dann auch schon eineinhalb Jahre her ich denke da schadet eine neue Diskussion auch nicht. Mit der Zeit verändern sich ja auch die Denkensweisen.
[Bild: img.php?id=2011fres01&ranking=NR&event_1...nt_3=333bf]

(22.04.2013, 16:32)Linus F schrieb:
(22.04.2013, 16:26)maracujagestein schrieb: I am male so free: Der Thread.

hä? der ist von mir?

Ich hab den Link gepostet, falls hier wer synchron mitlesen möchte, was der Rest der Welt dazu meint.

Und da ist mir glatt noch was eingefallen, meine Meinung nämlich! Ein Mean/Best of X ist eine gute Idee, da man viel besser sehen kann, wer wie gut und bla und so weiter...

Aber ich bin auf jeden Fall dafür, nebenbei noch die Single beizubehalten, denn wenn ich mal spontan auf die Idee komme FMC mitzumachen wäre ich bei einer Stunde Zeiteinsatz viel eher dabei, als bei x Stunden. Wie vermutlich auch ein Großteil der anderen Leute, die sowohl sporadisch, als auch regelmäßig auf Events FMC machen.
Senf heute günstiger.
In my opinion, a mean of x (2 or 3) would reduce most of the complaining about lucky scrambles or finishes. Also good people like Sébastien could achieve a better rank than they have now. I mean Sébastien is one of the world's best in FMC,
but doesn't even have the NR. Don't get me wrong, I don't say Moritz 21 was totally unfair/lucky. Looking at the German FMC-Thread , Moritz often posted sub-30 results,so I can't say he got noob luck. But a system like that and a time limit of 60 min or one attempt per day would imo show who has real skill. And for god's sace the shitstorm of what is a lucky result and what isn't would finally stop.

Hier mal meine Meinung dazu. Tongue.
Aber ich bin ein wirklicher Fmc-Noob also könnte einiges auch Stuss sein.
Washed up.
Ein kleiner Einwurf: Mehrere Scramble in einer Stunde zu machen, bevorzugt noch mehr die Leute, die sich nicht so gut auskennen mit FMC. Man hat weniger Zeit pro Würfel, d.h. man müsste isch mehr auf einen Weg versteifen und kann nich alles testen. Die meisten Leut, die keine Ahnung haben von FMC (zB ich) sind immer schon nach 20 Minuten oder so fertig, da dann fast jede gute Fridrich-Lösung ( Tongue ) ausgetestet wurde auf die man selber kommt, wohingegen die guten FMC'ler je mehr Zeit sie haben, meistens immer bessere Lösungen finden.
Thank you for accepting K into your heart.♥
[Bild: img.php?id=2010DEIM01&ranking=NR&event_1...nt_3=pyram]

Und mehr rumprobieren zeigt den Skill eines Fewest-Move-Menschen besser, weil ...?

Ich würde sogar radikal dagegen argumentieren: Was Leute wie Moritz oder Simon bei linearen Solves sehen ist ziemlich genial. Das schafft dein Fridrich-Depp niemals.
Naja, nicht das rumprobieren zeigt den Skill, sondern was die Person damit anstellt. Ein auf Speed getrimetes FMC wäre eigtl ein gesondertes Event, aber für FMC finde ich sollte man sehr viel Zeit haben. Finde daher die Stunde angemessen und sollte nich angepasst werden (oder nicht so extrem wie 50% weniger Zeit)
Thank you for accepting K into your heart.♥
[Bild: img.php?id=2010DEIM01&ranking=NR&event_1...nt_3=pyram]

Lasst es doch grundsätzlich einfach so...
Und dann könnte man einen Avg3 aus den besten 3 Versuchen der letzten 3 Competitions erstellen....
Wenn man schon einen Mean haben möchte dann Comp-übergreifend...
Anders macht das ganz einfach keinen Sinn...
Wieviel Comps im Jahr haben schon 3 FMC Versuche...
-----

Feet made me sad ):
(22.04.2013, 20:35)Kko14 schrieb: Lasst es doch grundsätzlich einfach so...
Und dann könnte man einen Avg3 aus den besten 3 Versuchen der letzten 3 Competitions erstellen....
Wenn man schon einen Mean haben möchte dann Comp-übergreifend...
Anders macht das ganz einfach keinen Sinn...
Wieviel Comps im Jahr haben schon 3 FMC Versuche...

Und wie weiß man dann wer die WM/EM/was auch immer gewonnen hat? Soll man sich dann auch die 2 Comps davor anschauen. Ansonsten würde ja wieder nur das Einzelergebnis zählen, was ja genau das ist, worüber die ganze Zeit diskutiert wird.

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste